[mythtv-users] will my server handle this?

Jeff "Muddy" Waters mythtv at muddysmind.com
Sun Dec 7 02:46:16 EST 2003

Hi all,

I'm in the process of getting a PVR-250 and a WD 120G HD 7200rpm with
the 8Mb of cache.
I plan on putting them into my server which is a dual P2 300mhz machine
with 512Mb ram and only ATA66.

My question is will this server handle running as my mythbackend server
in addition to being my music server, picture server, printer server
etc...

I won't be transcoding and such I'll be doing any video editing on my
workstation, so as far as mythtv goes the server is for recording and
serving the video's to remote frontend machines only.

Thanks for the help,
Jeff