[mythtv-users] Segfault in program guide, program information in DB, but not shown.

Ian Batterbee ian.batterbee at aut.ac.nz
Sat Dec 6 22:12:16 EST 2003

I'm a little relucatant to post this with so little information to go
on, but here it is anyway.

I've got a knoppmyth install of mythtv (for anyone that isn't familiar
with that, check out http://mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html). This gives
you a working mythtv 0.12 and a bunch of other stuff in a nice ISO image.

I'm in New Zealand.. that little bit of land off the coast of Australia.
We use PAL here.

Now, myth starts up okay, the backend goes, I've run mythfilldatabase
(and configured it the first time for new zealand), the front end goes..
but.. only to a point.

If I go into TV / Schedule Recordings / Program Guide, I see no data..
that is to say, there's a nice mythtv background, and semi transparent
boxes around the place, most empty, and the day of the week and current
time followed by the next 1.5 hours of time in the boxes to the right..
but.. there is absolutely no program info. I can use left and right to
change the displayed time, but if I press up or down, it pauses for
about 2 seconds, then segfaults with no indication of what happened
other than this (the number of repeat lines depends how many times I hit
left and right before hitting up)

uitypes.cpp:UIGuideType:m_count == 0
uitypes.cpp:UIGuideType:m_count == 0
uitypes.cpp:UIGuideType:m_count == 0
Segmentation fault

If I go to TV / Watch TV, it displays a tv picture like it should, and
if I hit up/down, it pauses  (rebuffering I guess), and stays on the
same channel, and this is the weird part, it displays the correct
program information in an OSD box about the program I am seeing.

Furthermore, if I go back to TV / Schedule / Program Finder, everything
is populated correctly.. I can scroll down to S, and then down to
Stargate SG1 for example, and it tells me it is on next on Fri Dec 12
9.30pm.. so clearly mythfilldatabase and the XMLTV stuff is working
correctly.. there's just something.... *SOMETHING*.. that is stopping it
from using that data correctly.

I've done a lot of googling and checking the list archives already, and
haven't found anything useful there. I guess it could be a problem
specific to knoppmyth, but I can't imagine that such a glaring problem
would go unnoticed,  so. . um..

Help ?