[mythtv-users] Slow Channel Change Time with PVR-350

Craig Gostin cgostin at twcny.rr.com
Sat Dec 6 10:23:17 EST 2003

All -

I just recently started to play with mythtv under Debian Linux (sid)
using a
PVR-350 card. After a fair bit of playing around, I've been able to get
quite nice
output to my CRT using Torsten Schenkel's XF86Config file as the basis for
my X11 display settings along with the latest (0.12) release of mythtv
and the
ivtv release from November 25th.

My question is this: When viewing live TV under X11, when I switch channels
(using the keyboard... I have yet to get the remote working), there is
roughly
a 3 second pause/freeze of the picture on the current channel before the
video
from the new channel begins to play. Is this normal? Do others
experience the
same delay? This is a bit annoying.

I have yet to test the tv-out functionality of the PVR-350 (I plan to do
so sometime
soon), so maybe the slowness is related to mythtv under X11 vs. TV-out?

Any help and/or thoughts is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig