[mythtv-users] Re: IVTV driver not providing sound with video for PVR-350

Jay Goldberg jay at ransdoc.com
Sat Dec 6 08:36:53 EST 2003

Karel.Chaloupka writes:

 > I've tried about everything that I can think of! I'm currently
 > able to view live TV and record video but have no sound with
 > it. I'm using the S-Video input and external sound input of the
 > PVR-350. I've tried all combinations of the driver sound matrix
 > inputs (0-2,0-7) with no success. My current input values are
 > (3,1). My ALSA driver is working fine. I do get sound if I
 > take the remove the input from the PVR-350 and place it into my
 > sound card external input. This is unacceptable because of the
 > delay caused by the buffering of the PVR-350. I've noticed that
 > the mute bit in the IVTV configuration is set to 1. Does 1 =
 > no mute or muted???? If it does mean muted how do you change
 > it??? I've tried the "-y" option of test_ioctl function call
 > with a parameter of mute=0 but it fails. One more question
 > does the "-y" option work for that driver??? Also, yes all of
 > the mixer settings are set to at least 50% and all are unmuted.

Hi Karel

I'll give you the same advice as before, which I may not have explained very
clearly.  The PVR-350 has 2 RCA jacks carrying audio-out.  Rather than
redirect the audio from your cable box directly into the sound card, you
should buy a Y-cable to channel the RCA audio out of the PVR-350 into the
line in of your sound card.

This will keep your sound in sync with the video.

	HTH
		Jay

--
Jay Goldberg