[mythtv-users] lirc & homebrew transmitter & scientific atlanta2100

Dan Berger dan at theidiots.org
Sat Dec 6 04:18:13 EST 2003

Scientific Atalanta 2100 box here too.

I installed a second copy of lirc and loaded up lirc_sir. After attempting
to use the SA2000's conf file (w/ frequency 57000) as some have suggested
unsuccessfully, I tried to use irrecord to create my own lirc conf file for
the SA2100. That did not work as well.

Here is a response I got from the lirc mailing list:

"the lirc_sir output is hardcoded at 38000 khz.  The lirc_serial can adjust
it's frequency output, but lirc_sir does not.  lirc_sir uses the baud
rate/rs232 character pattern to make the output frequency, 57000 is
possible, but it would require changes in the driver."

However, things get more complicated: "the lirc_serial won't work with sir
hardware (Actisys IR-200L). lirc_serial only works with the home-brew serial
type hardware."