[mythtv-users] Live TV - Scheduled Channel Change?

Chris Delis cedelis at uillinois.edu
Fri Dec 5 19:05:57 EST 2003

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 11:46:41AM -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > Is it possible to schedule a channel change from within Myth?
> >
> > I thought that it might be a nice feature to add to the Recording Options
> > screen.  Let's say you are watching Live TV and find an interesting
> > program from the Program Guide (but it's not "worth" recording); it might
> > be nice to have Myth automatically change the channel when the program
> > comes on so you don't miss it.  My Sony DirecTV box has a similar feature.
> > I couldn't find mention of it in the archives.  Just a thought. . .
> >
> > If it exists already, then I apologize.  If it doesn't, then this might
> > be a good chance for me to develop a patch.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Chris
>
> In your example, just hit 'R' while in the program guide and that program
> will be set to singlerecord.  Then go back to watching LiveTV.  When the
> scheduled time comes around I believe Myth will alert you that it needs
> the tuner to record something and give you the option of continuing watching
> LiveTV or stopping and letting it record the program.  Then you can go to the
> playback screen and watch the show that's recording.

Thanks for replying.  I am aware of this functionality.  I was thinking
of eliminating the steps involved with changing back to playback, finding
the currently recording show, then after having to delete it afterwards.
(I know... I'm lazy!  But that's why we develop tools, right? :-)

I'm mostly thinking ahead to a time where LiveTV (using the
PVR350) is stable enough to use all the time.  Currently, the ivtv
firmware/resetting/freeze bug is keeping me from using Myth 100%.

I guess I've gotten accustomed to my Sony (SAT B65) receiver's
auto-channel-change feature.  Currently, I have two DirecTV receivers:
one I use for regular viewing and the other is for Myth.  I would love
to be able to use both receivers for Myth someday (however, that will
make for an interesting LIRC setup ;-).