[mythtv-users] Features missing and other minor issues

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Fri Dec 5 18:29:50 EST 2003

On Friday 05 December 2003 05:29 pm, Joe MacDonald wrote:
> I just upgraded to the latest CSV version and  noticed a few features
> missing that I used to use.

"CVS"

> Manual recording is no longer available. I used to plug in my cam corder
> to the composite input on my myth box to convert to digital. What
> happened to it?

The old 'Instant recording' menu option?  It was badly broken and no one
stepped forward to fix it for about 6 months.  So, I removed it, pre-0.12, I
believe.  Are you volunteering to fix/maintain this feature?

> When I go to exit Myth, I used to have 3 options: Cancel, Exit Myth,
> Exit and Shutdown. The Shutdown option is missing so I have no proper
> way to shutdown the box with out logging into it. What happened to it?

That option is now only visible if you're not running a backend server on that
same machine, as otherwise you could interrupt a scheduled recording.

Isaac