[mythtv-users] problem playing transcoded files in windows

Andrew Ingram adingram at clara.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 16:38:25 EST 2003

I have a machine with a PVR-250 producing rather large MPG2 files. Once
recorded, I mark the commercials and transcode them. My transcode
setting for MPEG2 is to use the MPEG4 codec, with the "scale bitrate for
framesize", "enable high quality encoding" and "enable 4mv encoding" all
set.

Today I copied one of these files over onto my windows machine and found
that nothing on my windows machine would play the mp4 files. Can anyone
tell me where I can get a codec that will play the Myth MP4 files? I've
got the DivX and Xvid codecs, as well as all the standard XP codecs but
that doesn't seem to be enough.

Thanks,
Andrew