[mythtv-users] feature request for flagging recorded shows as watched for multiple users

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 5 02:21:26 EST 2003

Here is a cool idea for a feature, add the ability to flag a show for
deletion visually. So if you have more then one person who is going to watch
a tv show, you can have them set a flag that can be visually seen in watch
recordings somewhere showing the other person that the recording is ok to
delete. Or just have it automaticaly delete files with a predefined number
of flags. So User 1 watches the show and sets the first flag to watched
(could be done automaticaly if there is a saved position location). Then
User 2 sets the flag, then either it can be automaticaly deleted, or whoever
wants to know sees that everyone is done watching that program, so it can be
deleted.

I think this is a good idea because I'm going to be setting up a remote
frontend/slave backend for the family. They will be watching some of the
same tv shows that I do and this will make sure everyone who wants to watch
the show can before it gets deleted.

PS what do those little icons on the bottom of watch recordings represent?
rip = auto expire
hammer = ? manually recorded/once
book = ?
($) = ?