[mythtv-users] lirc serial transmitter with an SA2000

Mark Dobossy mdobossy at Princeton.EDU
Thu Dec 4 15:44:08 EST 2003

Wayne-

I would suggest using the simple circuit (the one with just a resistor
and a diode and IR ED).  I tried all those other "improved" circuits,
but none of them worked.  For the resistor, I used a 4.7kohm, which
allows me to ir blast about 6 inches, and will have very little load on
your serial port.  (and just run wires to a IR ED, and tape it right
against the IR receiver on your SA2000).

-Mark