[mythtv-users] Tunning the System

Scott Blomfield sblomfi at Cavps.com
Thu Dec 4 13:09:24 EST 2003

I guess the point is that the developers don't find it to be a problem.
MythTV is all about itches, and developers scratching those itches. That
isn't to say that they never implement things they don't really want
just because other people want them, it is just to say that from what
I've seen, most of what gets implemented is because one of the
developers wants it. (See: CLE266 support, Hardware MPEG encoders,
PVR-350 tv-out).

Personally, I do not find the delay to be a problem. I don't channel
surf any more; I find it counter-intuitive... I surf the program guide.
No matter if the channel is at an ad-break or not, I know what is on on
each channel, and I don't have to wait even 1/10th of a second as with
regular tv to see what is on the next channel.

And I've only been using a PVR for under a week. I hear that after a
while, you don't even *watch* live tv any more, you just watch recorded
content.. I haven't built up enough content to just do that, I guess,
but I'm getting there, and I can see how it is an eventuality.

Perhaps you hadn't looked at it from this perspective?