[mythtv-users] Playback speeds/slows after a few minutes

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Thu Dec 4 12:15:20 EST 2003

Beck wrote:

> Hi, all.  I'm really enjoying MythTV but am having one strange problem:
>
> When I am watching Live TV or a Recorded Program after a few minutes
> all of the sudden the playback will change rate.  Sometimes the
> playback is faster than regular speed and sometimes it's slower.  Once
> it happens the only way to solve it is to jump back to the menu and
> then back into the program.  Anyone have any ideas?  I can't seem to
> find anyone else with this problem.

This sounds like one of the other many problems I had until I stopped
using the onboard audio of my MOBO.  I switched to an SB Live value and
it works perfectly now.  The AC97 onboard on my shuttle MOBO sucks bad.
I noticed because I could rewind the live video a bit and it would
always catch back up within a minute or so and then start chopping - but
it didn't happen until I'd been watching for 15 minutes or so.

-Tony Maro