[mythtv-users] Re: Anyone using an RCA DRD420RE DirecTV receiver?

Maciek Klimkowski mac at phobos.ca
Thu Dec 4 08:50:32 EST 2003

What kind of a cable are you using to connect to the receiver?
Just finished soldering one together yesterday, unfortunately the first run
was not very sucessful. I'm getting the RECV 0 (chan changing doesnt work
either), which most likely means that i have to reverse my Rx/Tx lines..

* Romel Llarena <rdllarena at yahoo.com> [031204 07:49]:
> To my great relief, the problem is not my serial port
> or cable. At shell and as su if I type:
>
> # ./rca.pl 200
>
> Then my receiver will change channels although I'm
> still getting that RECV error. Cool for the most part.
> Unfortunately, it will not work while in Myth. So, I
> tried the exact same command as the user mythtv
>
> $ ./rca.pl 200
>
> Channel doesn't change and it kicks back the
> following:
>
> Could not open /dev/ttyS0: Permission denied. I also
> changed all occurances of ttyS0 to cua0 and I'm still
> getting the same error. I tried doing a chmod 755 to
> /dev/cua0 but that didn't work.

/dev/cua devices are depracated, you should use ttySXX.
tried running it as root?