[mythtv-users] Ivank's HOWTO

Jason Hunt jhunt at akula.org
Thu Dec 4 00:13:58 EST 2003

Greetings,

I found the answer to my previous question about XFree86 information in the
following howto:

http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=TvOutHowto

However, I am having a problem with one of the testing phases.  I can use
the insmod saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=1 (1 in my case, 0 returned
black/white flash) and get output of the color pattern test.

Once I precede to load the saa7127 module with/out the test pattern:

insmod saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=1

I notice after the above command my tv screen has a bunch of horizontal
lines across of it.  I don't know if this is normal or not, but I proceeded
with the next step.

/usr/local/bin/test_ioctl -u 0x3000 -p 6

After this, TV screen remains the same as I mentioned above (no change),
anyway I then proceed to do the cat /dev/video > test.mpg and copy to
another computer and play the file back.  I see a great capture with audio -
looks like everything is good.

Now this is where I run into trouble.  When I run ivtvfbctl /dev/fb1
-noglobalalpha -localalpha the horizontal lines I mentioned earlier are
still there but get brighter.

I am running this command from the CLI via ssh.  After this, I juset went
ahead and made the changes to Xfree.  After X starts, I can see the output
to the TV, but it is EXTREMELY slow and does not fit the screen properly.

I am not sure if anyone else has seen this or not, but any help would be
appreciated.  It may be due to my ivtv drivers, since I installed the latest
ones like 3 weeks ago.  Not sure.  Thanks for any help.