[mythtv-users] Commercial flagging in Germany?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Dec 3 21:28:06 EST 2003

> The logo detection is the better approach in my eyes, one would have to
> apply it top all 4 corners of the picture though, because the networks
> don't always use the same place.

My current code checks all 4 corners and finds out where the logo is then
from that point on it only checks where it found the logo.  It analyzes
about 8-12 sections of video 10 seconds long to determine whether a
logo exists and where before starting scanning for commercials.  Then it
does the normal scan and checks for blank frames, logos, etc..
I haven't made it take advantage of the detected logo info yet though, so
it just gets a list of frames it thinks have the logo so far.

--

Chris