[mythtv-users] Mythtv broadcast

Lee Nash lee at compucrew.com
Wed Dec 3 13:21:59 EST 2003

Quoting "Joseph A. Caputo" <jcaputo1 at comcast.net>:
> On Tuesday 02 December 2003 17:43, Mark Musone wrote:
> > This is what I currently have been  doing for over a year now.. I use
> > a channelvision modulator that I bought online ($75)
> > the nice thing is that it?ll modulate to any channel from catv
> > 65-125..i just pick an unused channel, splice it into my cable coming
> > into the house, and it?s broadcast all over the house..i just tun any
> > TV to channel 65 (I call it channel ?mark? :-) ) ..works awesome..
> > and it?s clear as a bell!!!!
> >
> > -Mark
>
> I've seen devices/systems like this before, and the question I have is:
> do they interfere at all with a cable modem? (I suspect the answer is
> 'no', but I'd want to be sure...)
>
> -JAC

It doesn't affect the cable modem.  I think most of the cable systems use
a low channel for broadband.  If you *do* have problems with your modem,
then pick a different channel.  Also, modulators sometimes bleed there
signal into adjacent channels, so you may have to find a block of free
channels.

-lee