[mythtv-users] Will I be able to watch tv and record another channel with Directv

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Wed Dec 3 11:38:38 EST 2003

Unfortunately, no.  You will need a separate Directv receiver (box) for each
feed/channel of video you want to watch simultaneously, as that box is
required
to decode any Directv channel.  Now, if you just want to watch normal tv on
one box
and record the other with mythtv, then you'll only need one capture card.
However, if you
want to watch live tv with Mythtv (for the PVR functionality), and
simultaneously record
with mythtv, then that would require a second capture card.

- Willy