[mythtv-users] No sound during live TV!

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Wed Dec 3 09:00:09 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 17:00, K Chaloupka wrote:
> I've got a Hauppage PVR350 card and am able to watch
> live TV, but I don't get any sound with it.
What are you using for tv-out?  The 350's output or the video card?

> I do know
> that my ALSA sound driver is working because DVD
> playback and music work fine.
ALSA should have nothing to do with the 350's sound

> I've got my Direct TV
> box audio output channels plugged into the Hauppage
> sound inputs.
I don't think that's right. (I don't have a Direct TV receiver so I
don't know for sure though)  What are you using as the input into the
350?  I have the coaxial from the cable into mine and the sounds comes
along for the ride.

> Any suggestions?

First figure out if it is a recording problem or a playback problem.
Can you record something and then play it back using mplayer?  That
should narrow it down.

> Thanks,
>
> Karel

-jose-