[mythtv-users] Terrible MPEG4 Quality at 8000 Bit Rate

mythtv mythtv at bruce.homelinux.com
Tue Dec 2 23:06:29 EST 2003

Well, I dont have an mpeg2 card so I cant capture to mpeg2, or can I?
I am used to ripping and encoding DVD's on the PC. But not on linux. Also, I
cant even figure out how to make an mpeg2 form an rtjpeg?? any ideas?

My settings are weird. Tonight I recorded spongebob at the highest RTJPEG
settings and I am left with a 10Gig file for 30 minutes of video. 10 Gigs!  I
have recorded other shows at these settings and they were only 2Gig. I am not
sure what is going on.  I am not doing any transcoding after recording. I am
using 720x480 and leaving all other items as the defaults.

 I have an XP2100  with 512Mb of Ram..
ata133 160 Gig HD with 60mb/s transfer rates.

Bruce