[mythtv-users] LIRC: IRW not connecting

Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca
Tue Dec 2 16:57:03 EST 2003

Hey all,
      Ive got a situation, Ive been trying to get Lirc working for weeks
now.  After a reformat and rebuild and recompiled kernels several tries
later Im still here.  My situation as of right now is that I am not sure
Lirc is fully being installed.
Basically I do on my RH9:
untar lirc-0.7.xxx
./setup.sh
select my IRDA actysis device
save and configure
make (which I can now do after a recompile)
make install
edit modules.conf
edit rc.local
edit lircd.conf
now when I try to run irw iget
connect: no such file or directory

I also noticed that in my /dev folder I only have lirc, no lircd

Is anyone willing to spend a few minutes to help me out?

Jon

NOTICE:     Call cMemoObject.ReplyToSender() are not the intended
recipient, be advised that disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other
use of this message, is strictly prohibited. In such case, please destroy
this message and notify the sender.