[mythtv-users] Mythmusic food for thought

Lee Nash lee at compucrew.com
Tue Dec 2 13:26:26 EST 2003

Quoting Edward Wildgoose <Edward.Wildgoose at FRMHedge.com>:

> > I'm currently sitting at around 11,000 tracks
> > and it's a pain to scroll this, even *with* the number keys.
>
> I'm not suprised!  Why don't you categorise them by Artist and Album?  This
> would make things vastly easier, no?
>
> Of course you would then wish that you could quickly switch between artist
> and album...

I think the problem is getting too big and complicated to fit into the mythtv
interface.  Unless somebody can come up with a really elegant design that
can be usable with a remote on a TV, I think there should be some effort
to create a seperate interface(mythweb) to build the playlists.  I can't
speak for everybody, but I tend to create a playlist and then rarely update
it.

-lee