[mythtv-users] Green Screen Using KnoppMyth v4.0

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Tue Dec 2 13:18:40 EST 2003

Hello all,

I have been having a problem with KnoppMyth v 4.0.  I have tried the
KnoppMyth forums but so far no one has been able to help.  The problem is
that the top half of the screen is green, while the bottom half is further
divided into two sections (watching live TV).  I know this sounds vague, so
here's a picture to show what I mean:
http://www.michaelstarks.com/mythproblem.jpg.

Interestingly, this didn't happen when I first loaded.  I was able to play
with the system for a couple of hours.  After not being able to solve it, I
reloaded and the problem happened after about five minutes.  I haven't been
able to determine what causes it.

System details:
KnoppMyth 4.0
Soyo-based barebones system (I can get specifics if it will be relevant)
256MB RAM
PVR-250, no TV-out currently.

I have searched the archives for 'green screen' and the responses don't seem
to be relevant to a known fix.  Any help appreciated.

-Mike