[mythtv-users] Crashes and failed internet lookups

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Tue Dec 2 03:52:15 EST 2003

I've tried both the Mandrake 9.1 RPM's and compiling myself now...

Weather and News don't work at all.  I did a little poking inside the
Weather sourcecode and it's always getting a blank after the web request
back instead of HTML data.  My transparent proxy logs the correct
connection attempt though, and I've verified the URL works from a web
browser.

imdb on the other hand causes an instant segfault.  I haven't had a
chance to test cddb but I'm guessing it will either not work or crash.

Any ideas what I should look for?  The weather plugin shows blank data
for everything.  The news plugin says it couldn't read the data and imdb
lookups crash.  That seriously hampers the usefulness of MythTV... ;-)

The only network function that works is TV schedule lookups, but that's
entirely handled by XMLTV, so it's no surprise.

I used freevo yesterday, and the imdb lookups on it functioned, so I
know it's not a network problem.

Thanks,
Tony