[mythtv-users] cl266 - some issues on my side

Patrick M. Gray, Jr. pgray at epcotnet.dyndns.org
Mon Dec 1 22:10:31 EST 2003

Jelle,

I had similar problems with an M10000 running gentoo.  Video would
record like a champ (I was using a PVR-250) but would all be pink
static/"snow" when played back in myth or with xv.  I was following the
"Gentoo on EPIA" howto, and trying to use the binary drivers for the
M10000, which I think were not ready for primetime, at least when I last
tried them about a month ago.

I rebuilt my myth box, and used xfree 4.3.99-r14 with the built-in
cle266 drivers with OK results.  Video plays back fine, and I am able to
record and watch with no problems since encoding is handled by the PVR.
The only problem is that some of myth's screens, mainly anything with a
list of some sort (channel guide, select recording to view, delete
recordings, etc.) are all screwy.  With some tweaking of myth's
appearance settings and disableing the "picture in picture preview"
thing they're usable, but still ugly.