[mythtv-users] Resolution

Jeff Monks mythtv at skunkeye.com
Mon Dec 1 21:43:11 EST 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Javier Santos wrote:

> I have just set up mythtv on my Gentoo system. Everything is working fine.
> I have got choppy video with RTJPeg at 480x480 (default) resolution, but it
> works ok at 320x240.

I assume you mean choppy video when watching LiveTV, not playing back a
pre-recorded show?

> My setup is:
> Celeron 1200 Mz

I have a MythTV "all-in-one" box running on a 1.1GHz Celeron using a WinTV
Go card that captures LiveTV at 352x480 MPEG-4 ~2000 kbps using about
80-90% CPU, so you might try those settings and see what happens.  If
those settings don't work, then you've probably got something else wrong.

I was never able to get reliable 480x480 to work with any reasonable
quality settings on the 1.1GHz, so I suspect it's asking a bit much of
such a "lowly" processor.