[mythtv-users] Archiving shows, what do you think?

Curtis Stanford curtis at stanfordcomputing.com
Mon Dec 1 19:41:12 EST 2003

After using MythTV for a while (kudos to developers), I've noticed a need for
archiving recorded shows. Some shows I would like to keep (maybe to show
friends or watch again later) but I don't want it to clutter up my 'Watch
Recordings' screen. After a while, I don't know what I've watched and what
new stuff I need to watch. Pretty anal, I know.

After watching a show, I'm thinking it would be cool to either delete the show
or move it to another location or directory. Even a category called "Archived
Recordings" that would show on the left of the recorded shows picker would be
neat. Even better would be folders you could name. Then, I could watch a show
and move it to a folder with my wife's name so she could look in her folder
to see what I have recorded for her.

Any plans for something like this? I wish I had the time right now to do it
myself :-(

Thanks

Curtis