FW: [mythtv-users] CLE266 hardware mpeg

Jelle Kalf jelle at kalf.org
Mon Dec 1 05:49:56 EST 2003

Hi Adam,

Are you using gentoo as well? I use the howto on http://blade5.bvu.edu/
Don't forget with gentoo you compile EVERY package you have. So it basically
ment I took a stage3 tarball and started compiling from there on. Xfree,
mozilla, gnome, mythtv, transcode and mplayer (included ALL codecs).

I'm using a linux 2.4.23-pre9-epia1 kernel as described in
http://blade5.bvu.edu/. When I load via_v4l_drv I get my /dev/video0 video1
and video2 devices. I haven't tried putting anything through that yet
because I wasn't done compiling yet. I started Sunday morning 4:30am (don't
ask, I just had to get it up and running).... And from then on it compiled
straight through the day, at night the PSU broke (have to get a new one) and
from this morning on it's compiling transcode / gnome / moz-firebird-cvs).

Jelle.