[mythtv-users] CLE266 hardware mpeg

Adam Wood AdamWood at Xephi.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 03:22:24 EST 2003

> Hi,
>    I was wondering if someone could summarize there working
> epia-m with hardware decoding.  there is little documentation
> and I can't seem to get it working.  Currently I am running
> redhat 9.0 2.4.20-8.  It's mostly the stock kernel,  just
> trimmed down a bit.  Stock xfree and
> CLEXF40030 files.   I don't really care what version of
> kernel or linux
> I use.  I am unable to watch live tv right now without really
> crappy resolution.  I've tried to compile myth from scratch
> with the cle266 enabled but it doesn't seem to be any
> different.  How can I tell?
>
> Thanks,
> 	Russ

Hi,

One huge give away that you're using hardware mpeg decoding is that the
On Screen Display is black and white.

Are you using an M6000 or M10000? Or something else? The M6000 is only
just powerful enough to run myth and needs careful optimising. Also I
use a PVR 250 and it still eats up loads of CPU so if you're using an
anologue card and M6000 don't expect to be able to get a great
resolution out of it.

When I did my install I did a stock redhat install then installed the
CLE266 modules first and the ViaXp xine clone to test it was working. By
the way CLEXF40037 is out and seems a bit more optimised.

Hope that helps,

Adam