[mythtv-users] Setting up mythtv v0.11 for DVB

Julian Tibble chasm at rift.sytes.net
Sun Aug 31 17:35:27 EDT 2003

I've just installed mythtv v0.11 using the debian unstable packages.  I need
help to finish setting it up.

I have a DVB-t card, and found that the mythtv-setup program doesn't have an
option for it.  A brief google later, I knew that I had to set it up manually....

I used mythtv-setup to make a fake entry, then I made the following adjustments:

TABLE capturecard:
    cardid = 1
    videodevice = "0"
    audiodevice = NULL
    vbidevice = NULL
    cardtype = "DVB"
    defaultinput = "Television"
    audiorate = 0
    hostname = atlantis
    use_ts = NULL
    dvb_type = "T"

TABLE videosource:
    sourceid = 1
    name = "Freeview"
    xmltvgrabber = "tv_grab_uk"
    userid = ""

I made sure that "uk_grab_tv" had made Freeview.xmltv in the right place, then
I used "mythfilldatabse" to fill in the channel info.

What do I do now?  If it involves filling in the channel_dvb table or anything
like that could you tell me what information goes where (I have a list of the
tuning information for each channel - the frequency, vpid, and apid)

Thanks,
Julian