[mythtv-users] Dell PowerEdge 400SC and ATI 8500DV

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 13:02:10 EDT 2003

I've thought of this machine as a server/mythbackend.

I'd stay with the $299 deal and add memory and a

Larger HDD from cheaper sources (even ECC RAM is far

Cheaper from Crucial than from Dell).  The Celeron 2.0

Seems a little light for a brand new big box, but

you can always upgrade as chip prices drop.  Then

pepper the house with (diskless?) EPIA-M10000's or

whatever.

There's a brief faq on the 400SC at http://www.aaltonen.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8