[mythtv-users] Nehemiah Performance

and hons at rcn.com
Fri Aug 29 10:02:14 EDT 2003

I haven't fully installed mythtv 0.11 yet (using atrms from berlin and
I can't get the lirc to install/compile), but tried it out with mplayer
and there was absolutely smooth video.

I also originally tried on debian with the regular cvs xfree86-4.3
drivers and had to settle for the via (with lots of mpeg and other
undeclared and other errors) and had to settle for lower rez and
birate, but even then I had bad sound unless I timeshifted the content
a little...The xfree drivers are still a little buggy acording to vias
opensource reprasentative and only provides 2d accl with out the mpeg
stuff.

Too bad  the binary drivers are not available for debian. I'm having a
hard time adjusting to redhat world... ;-)

rgds
anedrs