[mythtv-users] Re: recording problem with PVR 250

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Aug 27 23:16:42 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, Dana Hata wrote:

> I just upgraded my ivtv drivers to CVS-latest, and reloaded them.  I am
> still getting the exact same problem.  Anyone have other ideas?

Go through /lib/modules/your-kernel and its sub-directories. Delete (or
rename) any msp3400, tuner and ivtv modules you find. Reinstall from
CVS. There's a good chance the wrong module is getting loaded. The new
one might not have actually overwritten the old one, or it may be in a
different directory, and the older one is getting first preference...

> Who else had this problem?  I checked before I initially posted, but
> didn't see anything that matches this.

I did, among many others. The main problem is the lack of audio in
scheduled recordings. Now that I think about it, I suppose your problem
does sound a bit different (w/the no video thing), but you definitely
needed to upgrade the ivtv drivers anyway.

Try looking in your mythbackend log for anything that might shed some
light on the situation.

Also, does live TV work? You only mentioned problems w/recordings...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...