[mythtv-users] OSS (i810_audio) Driver Duplex Issue (asus pundit)

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Wed Aug 27 15:47:13 EDT 2003

I know that redhat 9 ships a version of the oss driver that works at
full duplex without a problem.  However, I am unable to get a stock
kernel to compile with the OSS drivers running at full duplex.

I've tried with 2.4.20 and 2.6.0-test4.

Has anyone been able to compile and use a vanilla kernel to generate
full duplex oss drivers for the SiS 7012 (i810_audio driver)?  If so,
what kind of black magic did you employ?

And, yes, I've tried using ALSA.  With rh9, alsa worked like ass, and
the oss drivers worked fine.  I'm trying to migrate to 2.6.0, but the
oss comes up 1/2 duplex, and the alsa has all sorts of problems
(skipping, etc..)  I am riddled with kernel errors indicating intterupt
problems...

	kernel: ALSA sound/core/pcm_lib.c:214: Unexpected hw_pointer value
	(stream = 0, delta: -936, max jitter = 8192): wrong interrupt
	acknowledge?

Thanks in advance,
Reza