[mythtv-users] wireless keyboard/mouse combo or other solution?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 18:07:16 EDT 2003

Overall the keyboard seems pretty good.  It's nice and
compact (a bit bigger than a laptop keyboard), and the
range seems to be pretty good.  I use it from the
couch, whis is probably 10 feet away from my TV.
Other than that, I haven't really done any range
testing.  You do have to have decent line of sight
though (i.e. you can't bury the receiver under
something and expect it to work).  You can point the
keyboard away from the receiver though (I have it at a
90 degree angle right now and it's working).

What I really like about it is that it's a PS/2
keyboard/mouse, no drivers are needed for basic
operation.  In fact, I couldn't get it to work with
PS/2 to USB converters.

The extra multimedia keys do not seem to work.  Some
of them get valid scancodes from xev, however, some of
them don't (the Channel Up button kills xev and some
of the buttons on the right hand side send three
scancodes).  If the multimedia keys were to work, that
would be perfect!  However, I plan on using this
keyboard very rately once I get everything setup, just
for when I use MythGame so that I can hit Esc to exit,
or for troubleshooting.

The mouse is a nub, so it's not the greatest...  Once
you get comfortable with it, it shouldn't be too bad.

I feel that for the price I paid for it ($15 plus tax)
it's a great little keyboard.  The mouse is a generic
PS/2 scroll mouse, so it has six buttons (the other
two on the right hand side might be programmable also,
I'm not sure).

-- Joe

--- Brandon Beattie

http://www.softwareandstuff.com/acc_wlskeywithintmse.html