[mythtv-users] Newbie question

Paul Mather pmather at mac.com
Sun Aug 24 12:27:12 EDT 2003

Hi

I'm a complete newbie to Linux and Myth TV, but I'd really like to get
a myth tv pvr up and running.

My question is: is this realistic without any previous linux experience?

I'm not computer illiterate; I've got some experience using the command
line in OS X so I've got some basic UNIX skills.  (Very basic.)

I also don't need to get it up and running immediately, I would be fine
tinkering for a few hours every night for x number of weeks to get it
up and running.  But before I go out and buy an intel box with a tuner
card I just want to be reasonably sure that I can actually get the
thing up and running at some point.

What do you guys think?  Is this doable?

Thanks,

- Paul

-=-=-=-=-
pmather at mac.com