[mythtv-users] Capture card with best tuner - BT8x8, SA713x or PVR-250?

Joe V joevph at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 23:33:45 EDT 2003

My setup is an Athlon XP 2400+, 512MB of DDR RAM, and
a Western Digital 100GB hard drive.  Clearly, this
should be good enough for "Live TV".

Given that setup, I'm not too keen on having any
noticable disruptions in the picture.  By noticable, I
mean, the picture pauses for 2-5 seconds, with no
sound.

I've tried playing around with the gbuffers setting,
trying different values.  They don't really help me
out  either, although I've read about them helping out
when things like pans are occuring.  I've also tried
using the v4l2 drivers and bttv 0.9.x as well as the
default bttv in Red Hat 9, and the latest bttv 0.7.x.

I guess I'll have to hope that the management will fix
the signal, and in the meantime, play around with it
further.  Although my goal is to have everything in
one box, I wonder if using a dedicated backend would
help out.

Thanks for the input.
Joe