[mythtv-users] problems transcoding: can't read program from database, chipmunk audio w/ matching profiles, more...

Richard Lee-Morlang rick at webtownis.bc.ca
Fri Aug 22 13:01:08 EDT 2003

I tried my first few transcodes yesterday and I ran into a few problems.

Chipmunk Audio
The transcode that worked, sort of, was hopefully a conversion from
RTJPEG to MPEG4 with a cutlist. The cutlist part worked, but the audio
and video were both accelerated. I searched through the mailing list and
found the comments about mismatching audio profiles, but in checking my
settings, all my audio profiles are set to 44100, and I don't recall
changing the settings on any relevant profiles recently. Is there
anything else that might cause this? I will continue to experiment....

"Could not read program from database, skipping transcoding"
When trying to transcode an older recording, the frontend behaves as
normal, but the backend gives me this error on the console. In this
case, it's a recording from April 24th, probably using Myth 0.7 or 0.8.
What am I missing?

Cutlist Editing Doesn't Activate
While watching some recordings, pressing "e" to bring up the cutlist
editing interface does nothing. In certain cases I can recall it having
worked in the past with a particular recording, but then at some point
in time it stops working. What's causing this?

Thanks!
Rick