[mythtv-users] Possible XVideo problem?

Timothy Wagner tim at kolinahr.com
Thu Aug 21 00:57:51 EDT 2003

A few days ago I installed MythTV and it works well at 336x448. At
higher resolutions the output screen has artifacts on the right third
that look like the pixels are being spaced out too far. The result looks
like an old lace doily.

I chocked this up to poor CPU performance and decide to live with it,
until I tried to run my copy of Xine. I've had Xine running flawlessly
now for a while at full DVD resolution with no artifacts. As of my
install of MythTV, Xine performs the same as MythTV (badly). My normal
screen resolution is 1280x1024, at which Xine used to work fine. Now I
have to reduce the screen to 1152x864 to have Xine appear normal again.
The common element between them is XVideo. Something changed somewhere,
but I do not know what, or where.