[mythtv-users] ATrpms ivtv driver & mythtv 0.11

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Aug 19 13:26:44 EDT 2003

Anyone now using mythtv 0.11 and ivtv from ATrpms should upgrade their
ivtv driver to the just-posted-by-Axel-and-tested-by-me version. I was
one of those having problems with recordings containing no audio, and
the problem is fixed with the new driver (built from 8/13/2003 source).
Here's what you need to do:

1) # apt-get update
2) # apt-get install ivtv ivtv-kmdl-`uname -r`
3) change the line in your /etc/modules.conf file from "add below
ivtv..." to "add above ivtv..."
4) reboot, just to make sure you get the modules to load up in the
right order with the new driver, unless you're really comfortable
w/rmmod, modprobe, etc

And for anyone using ATrpms for mythtv that isn't up to 0.11 just yet,

1) # apt-get update
2) # apt-get install mythtv-suite

That should get everything up to 0.11 now. There is an additional theme
(visor), and mythdvd, which was initially missing from the 0.11 rpms
that'll all be installed now.

-jcw