[mythtv-users] Corrupt audio with i8x0 (sis7012)

Frank Martelli frank at foodsavvy.com
Sun Aug 17 11:06:48 EDT 2003

After upgrading my kernel to 2.4.21, MythTV to 0.11, rebuilding ALSA and
(strangely) doing a '/sbin/chkconfig --del alsasound', I am making
progress on this sound card issue.  Now, doing an 'aplay /dev/dsp' while
xawtv is running yields the correct result -- audio coming from both
channels (with a slight delay) accompanying the video.

In MythTV when I watch live TV, however, I only get left-channel audio.
It is in-sync with the video but the right channel has nothing.  Has
anyone else seen this?  Any help out there?

Thanks again for all the hints and help!

-T