[mythtv-users] Problem after reboot

Andy check_1_2 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 16 15:59:47 EDT 2003

I'm having a problem with a system using a PVR-250.

I went through the install and had everything working, backend, frontend,
and I was watching TV. Things were working normally.

Rebooted my machine, and since I haven't quite figured out how to get the
things MythTV needs loaded, I manually did the following:

# modprobe ivtv

# /etc/init.d/mysql start

What else do I need to run for Myth and how would I get those commands to
automatically run at startup (on Debian). I am a noob to Linux and can't
understand the commands in the how-to 19.3.

Aside from that, here is what I get currently:

# mythbackend

Starting up as the Master Server

probed: /dev/video - Composite 0

.

. [snip]

.

probed: /dev/video - S-Video 3

.

.[snip]

.

After starting mythfrontend (on same box) I get this from mythbackend:

2003-8-16 14:40:15 adding: mythserver as a player 1

.

.

.

Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV

Error reading from: /dev/video

read: Input/output error

I'm sure I've forgotten to load something, but I don't know what.

-Andy.