[mythtv-users] G400 Questions

Jason White axtools at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 15 21:50:34 EDT 2003

1.  I'm a little unsure of whether or not to use the Matrox beta driver, the
default linux driver with the mplayer framebuffer hacks, or some combination
of the two.  In looking at the archives it seems like a lot of people are
having success with the latter.  I've currently got the beta driver
installed.  What's better (ie. what works!)?  I'm able to see my desktop on
the TV out but currently I'm not sending duplicate output to both cards.

Which brings me to my next question

2.  Is it possible to use the TV output just for my mythTV display and use
the monitor output in a higher resolution mode?  Or would I be better off to
just cut my losses and set the TV-out to duplicate what's being displayed on
my monitor?