FW: [mythtv-users] D.vine case

Jason Harris jharris at newhorizonscr.com
Fri Aug 15 14:28:30 EDT 2003

A review on the SilenX power supply at silentpcreview.com begins by talking
about the confusion and controversy in the branding name of SilenX. Here's a
little clipping from that review:

"ExoticPC sent a sample at the beginning of March. The original intent was to
have the review published by around the end of March, but then confusion
about the SilenX brand began.

Peter Kim, who was originally employed by ExoticPC, broke away to begin his
own independent business under the name of silenx.com. The PSUs sold at
silenx.com are branded SilenX. At the same time, ExoticPC continues to sell
SilenX brand PSUs as well.

Without getting into the details, suffice it to say that the SilenX brand PSU
supplied by silenx.com and exoticpc.com appear to be essentially identical,
notwithstanding changes made by either silenx.com or exoticpc.com since
mid-March. Regardless, please note that this review refers specifically to
the SilenX 14 dBA 400W PSU sold by ExoticPC. As far as I am aware, ExoticPC
have not made any changes in production since then."

http://www.silentpcreview.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index
&req=viewarticle&artid=81&page=1

BTW, They just put out a review on the new D.vine5 case.