[mythtv-users] MythTV core structure.

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Aug 14 15:34:28 EDT 2003

On Thursday 14 August 2003 01:40 pm, Steele Price wrote:
> Myth has done all the heavy lifting getting the functionality there, but it
> appears not to be able to be distributed in this fashion, nor can it get a
> set of network accessible files without mapping all those files in the
> frontend with autofs/nfs/nis configurations that can challenge even a
> seasoned user.  Myth needs a frontend that can just be installed without
> alot of fuss for viewing and attach to a distributed network of components.

Basically, the majority of what you want is for mythbackend to become a
generic file server?  I don't really want to spend more of my time
duplicating the functionality of nfs or samba, that seems silly to me.  Feel
free to submit a patch, though -- the vast majority of the code is already
there, used for remote TV viewing and transferring things like the channel
icons for the program guide.  Should be extremely easy to extend that to the
other modules/plugins.

Isaac