[mythtv-users] Newbie having problem with mythfilldatabase

Joshua Santelli santellij at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 19:22:56 EDT 2003

--- Troy Schneider <troy at schneiderfam.net> wrote:
> First of all everyone needs to know I'm a newbie to
> linux.  I have installed
> Redhat 9 and followed Jarod's install guide the best
> I can.  I have a
> PVR-250 and that seems to be working good.  When I
> run the mythfilldatabase
> I get the following error repeatedly.
>

> ----------------------------------------Start of
> XMLTV output
> ---------------------------------------
>
> parameterless "use IO" deprecated at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/XMLWriter.pm line 16
>
> using config file /root/.mythtv/Cox.xmltv
>
> /usr/bin/tv_brab_na: Config file
> /root/.mythtv/Cox.xmltv does not exist, run
> me with -configure
>
> ------------------------------------------End of
> XMLTV
> output---------------------------------------
>
> Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
>
> Fetching data for Wed Aug 20 2003

What are the versions of MythTV, XMLTV and the perl
modules (XML::Writer and the others) that MythTV
needs?  Make sure XMLTV in particular is up to the
latest stable (0.5.14, or something like that).
That's one place to start.

Also, I'm not sure why it's looking for
/root/.mythtv/Cox.xmltv, mine reads
/root/.mythtv/tv.xmltv.  You can check to make sure
that file is there and is readable:

# ls -l /root/.mythtv/Cox.xmltv).

hope that helps.