[mythtv-users] MythTV Freezes due to Configuration?

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Wed Aug 6 22:47:28 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 06 August 2003 09:32 pm, Dane Kantner wrote:
> > I think this has something to do with my settings. I set LiveTVBuffer and
> > MaxFillBuffer both to 98Gb, as I have that much to spare on the /home
> > partition (actually 100Gb).
>
> first of all, my personal experience tells me that having a 98gb live tv
> buffer is silly and useless....perhaps others will disagree... so thats why
> i appended my opinion with "my personal experience" ... (not to mention,
> its bulky when it comes time to clear out the buffer)

Nope, it's rather absurd =)  I agree with the rest of your diagnosis as well
-- the disk is most likely full by the time it gets to 98GB, and that would
tend to make it unhappy.  It could also be a bug in the 0.10 release where it
tended to break at midnight while watching live-tv, though, but that was
fixed in CVS.

MaxFillBuffer should be 50, the default, almost regardless of what the buffer
size is, and 5 or 10 GBs should be more than enough for most live-tv
purposes.

Isaac