[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase problems

Martin Cosgrave martin at bettercode.com
Tue Aug 5 19:17:04 EDT 2003

On Thursday 31 July 2003 19:55, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> > but I
> > have no way of checking to see if it actually is.  I'll try recompiling
> > qt again to see if that fixes it.  This will probably take a couple
> > hours. ;)
>
> Definitely.

turning on the 'ccache' flag in the FEATURES variable (in make.conf, or in
your environment) is an excellent way to reduce the time taken for
recompiling massive things like qt when you only need a small change - most
of the code compiled will be exactly the same as it was before and in this
case ccache provides amazing improvements

http://ccache.samba.org/

unfortunately some apps don't get much improvement with ccache (erm I'm no C
coder but I think it's something to do with compiling and linking at the same
time). It seems that the myth suite falls into this category as it doesn't
appear to compile faster the second time round.