[mythtv-users] Re: [mythtv] has anyone seen this yet?!?!

Jason Schloer schloer.jason at tangoinc.com
Mon Aug 4 17:12:29 EDT 2003

Having looked only very little at that code, I'll say I'd be willing to
take a look. That said, Isaac, how hard would it also be to write
(possibly using the XVMC extenstions)code to change the output
proportions. This is mostly to do with widescreen HDTVs. My Sony will
take sdtv signals and stretch and crop to get a full screen picture that
isn't too distorted. Once HDTV support is in there I'd like to use a
component cable to drive the TV, however when using a component cable I
lose those stretching options, but figure it may be possible to
implement them within Myth. Also, if I were to come up with something,
would it be something you'd likely add to Myth(assuming well
designed/written code), or would it need to be a patch? Thanks for the
response, and kudos on the project thus far.

Jason Schloer