[mythtv-users] xbox frontend

Dennis Cartier pvr at trigger.net
Sun Aug 3 22:48:15 EDT 2003

Ok, its done! I have a version of MythTV for the Microsoft XBOX. This is a
free standing version that only requires you to be able to boot unsigned
code. In other words using a mod chip or software mod. Have a look at it and
give me feed back.

I have 2 versions up for downloading.

1. A compressed version that runs from CD or Low Space FatX partitions

2. A uncompressed version that runs from FatX only.

I have setup a BitTorrent server to allow anyone who is interested in this
to down. The compressed version is 210MB and the uncompressed version is
192MB (yes the uncompressed is smaller). I have 2 cable modems and a T1
serving it up right now, but as always (with BitTorrent) the more people who
download, the faster the downloads get!

If you know how to use BitTorrent great, otherwise get a client from:

Windows - http://sourceforge.net/projects/bittorrent/
Unix - http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

You can also find the theory of BitTorrent on the link above. Quite neat.

My torrent files are at http://bit.blkbk.com/bittorrent/

Please see the README posted with the torrent files and if it sounds to hard
or confusing ... well than wait until this version has been broken in :)

Have fun, Don't destroy anything.

Dennis