[mythtv-users] new user, remote questions/ideas.

Mark Rutherford mark at justirc.net
Sun Aug 3 00:27:38 EDT 2003

Greetings all,
I am new to mythtv, and have taken some interest in this, even tho I
really dont watch tv :>
I really like this project, I find it fascinating :)
I am an electronics tech, I repair tvs, vcr, cameras, ect ect...
I have some ideas, questions..

first, the setup:
slack9, voodoo3, 2 x avertv studio cards + btaudio (btaudio works great
for me, no jumper needed)

so, let me run this by some of you:
I am using 2 avertv studio cards. they have built in IR capabilities.
however, the remote that came with the cards is the least desired
remote, thats for sure.
I figured, if lirc can pick up on other remotes using the ir device,
possibly just use another remote.
however, it doesnt see any other remote besides the avertv remote.
ive tried other remotes, ive tried different detectors. it just doesnt
see them.
im probably going to scope this out eventually, just gotta get some time
to get my mythtv box fired up and next to an oscope.

has anyone here attempted this already? or am I beating a dead horse
into submission.
for all i know the card may be purposely rejecting the other controls.
I have a hoarde of controls to pick from at work, and i can get it to
see none of them.
I dont know about the ir leds in the controls, and if they make a
difference. I have tried swapping the ir leds with no sucess.

last but no least,
I tried this with a voodoo3, and getting the tvout on the voodoo3 was
really, a pain.
does anyone ahve a suggestion as to what video card does a video out
with ease, as well as good quality?

thanks to everyone, and thanks to the developers for making such a nice,
easy to use application :)

--
Regards,
Mark Rutherford
mark at justirc.net

PGP key: http://www.justirc.net/~mark/markrutherford.asc
fingerprint: 1CF2 6229 306D A2C8 2C89  46BE FFD6 D910 5170 4FA9